PURPLE RAIN: THE PRINCE HAS REIGNED, 1958- 2016

22 April

It is with such a heavy heart that I am posting another devastating legend story on my page. Within a few short months from the deaths of Lemmy, David Bowie and Viola beach we hear of the passing of Prince.



A iconic figure to many, Prince died yesterday at the young age of 57. After being taken ill from his private jet he was soon back on stage reassuring his fans that it was just the flu, only to be found dead at his home in later days. He defined the sound of the 80's after becoming famously renown for tracks such as Purple Rain and Kiss. Prince stormed the music industry to fight for creative freedom.  R&B, Funk, Rock n Roll, Prince did it all. He was electrifying, he was dazzling, a magnificent spirit.

Devastated to say the least, the band in the sky is looking pretty ace right now. Upon hearing of his death I came to terms with the ideology of dying, I mean if dying was scary before it isn't anymore. I want to be up there with these heroes, those musical legends.


Last night in the mist of everything I stumbled upon a fucking beautiful video of Prince covering Bowie's 'Heroes'. A masterpiece of pure bliss, listen below. I can only imagine the music those two are creating right now.



Rest in guitar heaven Prince!

You Might Also Like

0 comments