THE STONE ROSES: AN UNLIKELY PHOTO

22 April

It's taken me weeks to write this post... maybe I was just too shocked and shaken by the whole experience I completely forgot to tell you all about - I met The Stone Roses!

 
Me and Frontman Ian

Ian (Brown) - I like to just say Ian because it sounds more like I know him personally which I do now of course- was stood outside my flat and I have never ran so fast in all my life. I looked like a right nutter as I turned up with no shoes on shaking a phone in his face. At first I only saw the back of his head so I would have felt like a right idiot if it'd not been him but lucky for me it was and he was amazing! Ian and bassist Mani where both what I can only describe as real musicians who showed me that they are really there for their fans after he waited for me to nip back to my flat to grab my vinyl for him to sign. I was shaking so badly I couldn’t believe this was happening, Ian even asked me if I was okay in which I told him this was the greatest moment of my life.

I couldn't resist asking him whether he saw my tweet and to my surprise he said " Yeah, it was you that let the cat out of the bag". As you can imagine I giggled and wanted to cry at the thought of Ian recognising me. And honestly when I got back to my flat I did cry... a lot (whilst staring at my signed photo and record).




Me and bassist Mani


I am absolutely gobsmacked at how much this story blew up! Since announcing to the world via Twitter that they were recording my phone has turned into a hotline with people constantly emailing me wanting the inside story. I got to say though being the first person to be told by Ian himself that the band recording new material is insane. With the band being so notoriously secretive it gave me great pleasure to get the word out first, I mean come on... this will go down in the history books, right?

Eager to hear their new material I am counting down the days until I go watch them live at Etihad Stadium in June. I've got a funny feeling that this gig will be one to always remember but until then I'll give their record a spin, stare at their autographs and pray for another meet and greet in the future.

You Might Also Like

0 comments