THE STONE ROSES: ALL FOR ONE

17 May

On the day I was gazing out of my window staring at some pretty boys unload a lorry full of flight cases little did I know that I was going to send the social world into manic overdrive. Two months on and the speculations of new Roses material became true. Thursday night, 8pm, The Stone Roses introduced us to a hot new single and my god its fucking good.



ALL FOR ONE, described by most as the "anthem of the summer" instantly became that song that you can never turn off. However, that was not the case for some who felt it didn't live up to the real Roses  sound. But I ask, isn't that the point? After all it has been 21 years since their last release, it's time for change.

To me, All For One, is refreshing. Its engaging, authentic and a bloody masterpiece. It commences a fresh chapter in the bands history. To the people bombing it for its not so interesting lyrics, I agree they are hardly Sally Cinnamon but the grinding riffs and Squires dangerous solo introduce that anthemic appeal that is such a catch you sort of don't mind the lack of lyrical genius. Plus these lyrics are very much in vein of the classic roses songs anyway.

Lets be honest this is one made for those fields this summer. To be played loud, and to a crowd. People will want to dance and I think that's exactly what it is going to let them do.

ALL FOR ONE - The Stone Roses


My only let down, the song length. The song finishes too early for me, and it seems Ian could have added another verse to hook us a little longer. But hey! this is their opening single so if that is anything to go by after 21 years I can only imagine that the rest of the album is going to be ace!


That sunny day when I saw the flight cases, and days later when I eventually got to meet Ian and Mani sparked a social media flare in light of new material. Ian told me that we would be hearing lots of new material at Etihad in June, which suggests more than the one song.

With only one month to go until the Etihad gigs, will we be hearing anymore of the new album before then? Who knows, keep your ears open because I'm sure another hit is bound to drop any time soon.



















You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. fantastic write up again darling. you are becoming a really interesting writer and i'm sure you will have plenty of followers in future months... x a proud dad x

    ReplyDelete