THE CRIBS ANNOUNCE HUGE SHOW: IS THIS THE END FOR THE TALENTED TRIO?

22 March

Defining the show as "the Cribs show to end all Cribs shows" has made my heart shudder a little as I contemplate not hearing another indie-punk masterpiece from the brothers.

The English indie rock band consists of twin brothers Ryan and Gary Jarman alongside their younger brother Ross. In 2008 The Smiths Johnny Marr became the 4th official member of the band where he remained until 2011, going on to proceed in his solo career.


So for those who are hard core fans you will already know that yesterday these merry lads announced a one off, four-band line up show at Leeds Millennium Square on the 22nd July 2016. The line up consists of Pulled Apart By Horses and MENACE BEACH, described by the band as "their bestest buddies" having toured with them individually. Also included in the line up is Thurston Moore who I think we can all agree with the boys by saying he is totally bad ass.

Going on to add that this is what everything has been building towards, I for one will not be missing out on this legendary gig.

Tickets on sale Wednesday 23rd March

Personally, this band means an awful lot to me. I will never forget the day my dad made me listen to Men's Needs and from then on I have never turned them off. They're so much rock and roll it hurts and the best thing is every time I have seen them live they know they aren't the greatest singers ever but that's what is fucking ace about them... they're not giving into this perfect ideology of music that is happening today and I think that is why people love them so much.

I read somewhere on facebook that one fan thinks they're "the best band since The Clash" and honestly I'd take that. The Clash were and are on a different level but even Joe Strummer didn't sing the same lyrics at every live gig. And that to me is perfection.

A band that means music. Their newest album release in 2015 - For All My Sisters - instantly became my album of the year despite albums from the likes of The Charlatans and Tame Impala. I saw them twice last year and they blew me away with their new material it was like I was in my natural habitat listening to their amazing monotone voices bless my ears. My favourite song and the perfect ending to any gig- Pink Snow, a seven minute guitar riff wonder.

Pink Snow - The Cribs
 
So is this the end of the road? I certainly hope not although it is going to be a life changing experience seeing them headline their own mini festival with their favourite bands and their favourite people (the fans of course!).
 
 See you there!

You Might Also Like

0 comments